Frederic Leighton, Elijah in the Wilderness (detail)
mermaid; a female marine creature, having the head, torso, and arms of a woman and the tail of a fish.
"fore-edge painting is a way of hiding a painting on the edge of book so that it can only be seen when the pages are fanned out.”
Today’s Classic: Bad Girls and Bat Wings
1. Albert-Joseph Pénot, Bat Woman (1890)
2. Jószef Arpád Koppay, Lion and Woman with Devil Bat Wings Chained Together (date unknown)
3. Johann Heinrich Füssli, The Mad Kate (1807)
4. Gabriel Ferrier, Moonlit Dreams (1874)
5. Vasily Kotarbinsky, Dark Star (date unkwown)
‘The Protector’ 20″x28″ oil on board. 2014. Currently on view at Copro Gallery. Gallery hours are: Wed-Sat 1-6pm.
Show Duration: June 14 – July 5
Address: Copro Gallery – Bergamot Station Arts Complex 2525 Michigan Ave , Unit T5, Santa Monica , CA 90404